Forum Beta Testing Signup
Update: As a beta tester, you are NOT required to do anything. You just might have to put up with a few bugs in the code and I just ask that if you notice any, you contact me.
Thank you for being so patient with me while I created the forum for this site!
It has taken longer than expected but everything should be working now. Since this is a new forum, there may be some bugs and little things that need to be fixed.
As such, there will be a beta testing period before it’s open to the whole world.
What is Beta Testing?
Beta testing is when a feature, this forum, is almost finished but still might need some polishing or some things added/removed from it. The beta testing period allows you to use the product and provide feedback on it so that I can make any necessary changes to it.
Beta testing for this forum will be Private and that means that only those who register for it will be able to access the forum during this testing period.
The testing period for the forum should last a few weeks or so and, once everything is ready to go, the forum will be launched to the general public.
Why Should I be a Beta Tester?
- Early access to the Excel forum, where you can ask and answer questions about Excel.
- Your feedback will be preferred and used to determine what changes will be made to the forum and what features will be added or removed.
- Be part of a growing community here at Teachexcel.com and help make it better for you and everyone else.
I’m going to continue to add features to this site and this forum and I need your help to make it the best possible site for you.
Participating in beta testing is one of the best ways you can help me help you!
How do I Beta Test?
To beta test, just do what you would normally do in a forum, and then give me feedback.
- Ask questions about Excel. Answer questions about Excel.
- Stay on topic and be helpful!!!
- Use whatever features of the forum you want to use.
- Report back to me on any issues that you encounter or on any features that you want or don’t like. You can report in the Members Discussion forum or here on this blog.
Basically, just use the forum. But, most important, report back to me on any issues that you find or any thoughts that you have about the forum, good, bad, or ugly.
When Will Beta Testing Start?
Beta testing will start in two weeks.
Sign up for the beta testing now to guarantee that you have a spot available for you when the testing period begins.
How can I be a Beta Tester?
- Sign up for an account on teachexcel.com. (If you receive the weekly email newsletter, that doesn’t mean that you have a registered account here.)
- Submit your email address in the form here: Beta Tester Signup (use the same email address as the one used to create your account in Step 1)
I look forward to seeing you in the forum soon!
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below.