Update and Discussion #5
It’s me Don again, and I’ve got some good news, the forum is alllllllmost finished.
Currently, here are the main features that have been completed:
- Allowing Excel file uploads.
- Tagging posts.
- Commenting on/discussing questions and answers.
- Voting on questions and answers.
- Selecting an answer to your question.
- Searching the forum and adding filters for keywords/tags and if the question was answered or not, as well as ordering the results by date or how many votes the question has.
- Viewing all posts that have certain tags.
- Calculating reputation points based on how many votes your questions and answers have gotten.
Here is a list of some features that still need to be finished:
- Allowing the you to save tag/search settings in a custom list so that you can easily get back to that view in order to see only the questions that you want to see.
- Instituting reputation checks for certain features. This means that a user will not be able to vote or include links in a post until they have gained enough reputation. All other features should be available to a user the moment they sign-up for the forum.
I won’t bore you with the small details that still need to be put in place since those are all behind the scenes things.
We are slowly getting there… 🙂 I am very excited about how everything has turned-out so far and your input has been a great help!!!
We are almost there so please stick with me a little longer!
As always, leave your thoughts, tips, and suggestions, in the comments below!